Tips, Tricks, and Tacts
- Remember most of the world is on a 24 hour clock so 11:00 Pm is 2300
- Finland’s real pronunciation is Finlandia.
- Turku is a small beautiful town, but be aware places close early.
- Upgrade for the ferry to have your own room, much more comfortable to sleep but if you are in fact in a very low budget I saw a quite a few people relaxing without a room.
- Don’t forget about northern parts of Scandinavian countries
I had to buy a new flight and stay overnight in Turku and rent a room in a hotel. This happened because I bought the wrong bus tickets and missed a morning flight in Helsinki. Overall I was saved from sleeping out in the cold all night because a nice taxi driver bought me to a cheap hotel and turned off his meter so I only payed 20 euros instead of close to 100 euros trying to find an open room.